[geeks] The word BRITISH and FOOD Do not belong in the same sentence.

Steven Hill sjh at matrix.net
Sun Apr 14 14:00:17 CDT 2002

> What a sadist....I lived in the Uk for the last 2 years...the people
> are nice BUT THE FOOD IS THE WORST IN THE WORLD.....AND EXPENSIVE...

Yer arse.

> I now happily live in France/Germany where the food is GOOD, CHEAP, and
> lots of variety.

Nod.

Been to both, enjoyed both muchly.

> In the UK, you pay $3.00-4.00 US for a beer forget it, here in germany I
> only pay $1.50 for a pint.  The food well I will not talk about it.  I
> really miss the uk for work and some social BUT I DO NOT MISS THE FOOD.

Comparing British (well, Scottish) beer to american, is like comparing
the nectar of the gods to a (smaller) pint of slightly warm piss.

> The rest of europe laughs at what the british call supposed food.

They may laugh, but good British food exists. Also, remember we still
have food influences from our empire of old. Mmmmm curry.

S.

--
Steven Hill
Systems Administrator