[geeks] The word BRITISH and FOOD Do not belong in the same sentence.

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Sun Apr 14 15:21:33 CDT 2002

On Sun, 14 Apr 2002, Steven Hill wrote:

> > What a sadist....I lived in the Uk for the last 2 years...the people
> > are nice BUT THE FOOD IS THE WORST IN THE WORLD.....AND EXPENSIVE...
> Yer arse.

good answer, good answer. nice, succint, to the point, even polite, very
gentlemanly.

> > In the UK, you pay $3.00-4.00 US for a beer forget it, here in germany I
> > only pay $1.50 for a pint.  The food well I will not talk about it.  I
> > really miss the uk for work and some social BUT I DO NOT MISS THE FOOD.
>
> Comparing British (well, Scottish) beer to american, is like comparing
> the nectar of the gods to a (smaller) pint of slightly warm piss.

i'm trying to track down this 80 shilling stuffs for you. got any others
you'd like to find?

> They may laugh, but good British food exists. Also, remember we still
> have food influences from our empire of old. Mmmmm curry.

a few years ago i managed to make and pretty much devour some yorkshire
pudding and prime rib. damn good meal. and the united kingdom in general
makes some kickass cheeses (i have some wensleydale in my fridge
right now, actually)...dunno what they do to those cows, goats, and
sheep over there but it works marvelously.

--a