[geeks] just for you guys....

alex j avriette avriettea at speakeasy.net
Sat Apr 13 14:29:54 CDT 2002

> yeah i'm touchy. i've more than earned the right be. if you don't like
> it,

as have we all. thats the point. we've all run across somebody who has
taunted or made fun of us (in fact i think that is part of the
maturation process of a geek). im just totally past it. call it
narcissism if you like. it just doesnt bother me anymore.

> you can kiss my ass and get the fuck off my lists. i will *always*
> reserve
> the right to say what i think on my own goddamned machine, alex.

i never said anything remotely like you should watch what you say. that
was _you_, dear.

> as to what i do or don't find offensive, for the most part i keep it
> quite
> private, only to my friends and husband--most people don't like it
> when i
> sit judgement on them and let them prove themself a raging asshole in
> public. but when it impacts a 1000-strong mailing list that's quite
> diverse,
> it's a different story.

i think taking bill to task like that publicly was kind of unfair to
him. i'd be pretty pissed off if my girlfriend did that to me.

alex