[geeks] argh Solaris

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Apr 13 14:14:39 CDT 2002

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 02:57:22PM -0400, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> IRIX is a GIANT PAIN IN THE ASS TO INSTALL COMPARED TO SOLARIS!!!  i've got
> a dozen fucking cdroms scattered around here as i do an IRIX install.  it's
> NUTS.  even after i learn all it's quirks?  solaris will still be easier to
> install.

AMEN.  They've had HOW many years to improve the IRIX install process?

IRIX is the only OS where I'll use a system that already had the OS loaded on
it, rather than installing it myself... (.e.g., the HD I got from Greg Douglas
with 6.5.15 installed on it).  Its a ROYAL PAIN IN THE ASS.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net