[geeks] argh Solaris

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Sat Apr 13 13:57:22 CDT 2002

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 12:04:27PM -0700, Peter L. Wargo wrote:

> >   That's what I'd do.  I'm running three Solaris machines now...one 7,
> > two 8...all three were up & running in under two hours.
>
> Yep.  Built 4 systems yesterday, no sweat.  Built a U1 today at home to
> test disks for Josh in under 1hr.

everyone complains and bitches about solaris all the time (i don't konw why,
it's really not that bad) but once you learn its quirks (ALL OSES HAVE QUIRKS
THAT YOU NEED TO LEARN) it's a breeze to setup.

IRIX is a GIANT PAIN IN THE ASS TO INSTALL COMPARED TO SOLARIS!!!  i've got
a dozen fucking cdroms scattered around here as i do an IRIX install.  it's
NUTS.  even after i learn all it's quirks?  solaris will still be easier to
install.

-brian
--
"Today, put your best foot forward. If you're not sure which of your feet is
 your best foot, cut one off. Then it doesn't matter."   - www.lowbrow.com -