[geeks] 2:30am brainstorms

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Apr 13 13:13:49 CDT 2002

On April 13, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> >   Were you wearing pants?
>
> why do you want to know dave?  did you and james have one of those
> "relationships" while you still lived in the area? :)

  Umm, no.  But I've heard stories.

> >   There was an article in Circuit Cellar Ink about something along
> > these lines a couple of months ago.  Lemme know if you want me to find
> > it for you.
>
> is it serial based?  something that would work on say both a sparc box and an
> sgi box?  that would be quite useful.  might even be able to make a couple
> bucks off of that.

  It wasn't a serial to IR remote control interface, though I could
build one of those fairly easily if you'd wanna productize it.

  The article was actually about the construction of a simple but really
cool A/V switching box with an IR receiver that responded to Sony
remote control commands.  I'm planning on constructing a similar unit,
but I have a few more features in mind for mine.

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire              "Hush and eat your vegetables, young lady!"
St. Petersburg, FL                          - Mr. Bill