[geeks] 2:30am brainstorms

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Sat Apr 13 11:47:23 CDT 2002

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 09:14:59AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> > Inspiration seems to hit me at the oddest times (this time, while almost
> > falling asleep at the keyboard)...
>
>   Were you wearing pants?

why do you want to know dave?  did you and james have one of those
"relationships" while you still lived in the area? :)

> > software on my sparc 5, merely teach it how to speak the Sony Control-A
> > serial command language and use the remote for the audio system to control
> > it....And teach the sparc 5 to spit back out artist & track information
> > for display on the front LCD panel of my Sony STR-DE545.
>
>   There was an article in Circuit Cellar Ink about something along
> these lines a couple of months ago.  Lemme know if you want me to find
> it for you.

is it serial based?  something that would work on say both a sparc box and an
sgi box?  that would be quite useful.  might even be able to make a couple
bucks off of that.

-brian
--
"Today, put your best foot forward. If you're not sure which of your feet is
 your best foot, cut one off. Then it doesn't matter."   - www.lowbrow.com -