[geeks] 2:30am brainstorms

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Apr 13 08:14:59 CDT 2002

On April 13, James Sharp wrote:
> Inspiration seems to hit me at the oddest times (this time, while almost
> falling asleep at the keyboard)...

  Were you wearing pants?

> Instead of building ANOTHER remote control to control the MP3 player
> software on my sparc 5, merely teach it how to speak the Sony Control-A
> serial command language and use the remote for the audio system to control
> it....And teach the sparc 5 to spit back out artist & track information
> for display on the front LCD panel of my Sony STR-DE545.

  There was an article in Circuit Cellar Ink about something along
these lines a couple of months ago.  Lemme know if you want me to find
it for you.

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire              "Hush and eat your vegetables, young lady!"
St. Petersburg, FL                          - Mr. Bill