[geeks] what is the world coming to...

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Apr 10 12:30:01 CDT 2002

Andrew Weiss wrote:

> Maybe instead of building a phone into the car like Mercedes does, they
> should build the hands-free setup into the car and you just put the
> connector on the dash into your phone... and it comes with a free
> cell-phone holder as well.  Perhaps a well designed speaker-phone
> [filters road noise] also.

I'd love to see that.  Currently the problem is that the cellphones have
totally different interfaces for hands-free setups.  Nokia is different
than Ericsson, etc...

However, I wonder if you could use a standard receptacle in the car, and
adapter cables for the phones - probably, eh?  Kinda like the ODB I and
II ports...
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com