[geeks] what is the world coming to...

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Apr 10 12:39:00 CDT 2002

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 01:25:29PM -0400, Andrew Weiss wrote:
> Maybe instead of building a phone into the car like Mercedes does, they
> should build the hands-free setup into the car and you just put the
> connector on the dash into your phone... and it comes with a free
> cell-phone holder as well.  Perhaps a well designed speaker-phone
> [filters road noise] also.

Interestingly, cell phone holders are of dubious value.  One study (I think
it might have been CU) said that people were more distracted trying to operate
a phone off to the side than they were when holding it just below eye level.
Their theory was that holding it up allowed easier shifting focus between
road and phone.  They recommended voice controlled phones as a far better idea
though.

--
Joshua D. Boyd