[geeks] what is the world coming to...

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Wed Apr 10 00:03:40 CDT 2002

On Tuesday, April 9, 2002, at 09:47 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Again, it's nothing personal.  It's just plain dangerous, and when I
> see someone doing it, I stop them FOR THEIR OWN SAFETY...since they're
> obviously not thinking too much about it themselves.  Wrapping it in
> the guise of "reducing congestion" doesn't make it any safer or less
> stupid.

Oh, and you appointed you "Lord Protector of the Universe"?  You know
better than the CHP, huh?  Amazing.  Look, nobody asked you, and I don't
WANT you protecting me.

>   I realize nothing that I say will stop you guys from doing it, so I'll
> just easy my own conscience by asking you to PLEASE avoid doing this.
> I've seen death notices on other mailing lists...I don't want to see
> any of them on this one.  You guys are about the only friends I've
> got, and I don't want to lose any of you.

Gee thanks.  However, I've already done my bit for the accident
statistics and have retired.  I survived 70MPH pavement surfing on I-5,
and it wasn't low-speed lane splitting (you are supposed to go at a
walking pace, no more than 5MPH faster than traffic) that did me in, it
was a rare instance of me missing the presence of a car...

-Pete