[geeks] what is the world coming to...

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Tue Apr 9 20:10:16 CDT 2002

> A few years ago I *litteraly* ran *over* someone who tried to pull the
> "slam the brakes and act liek total idiot" game.  My truck at the time
> was an '83 K5 Blazer with 8 inches of lift and 42" tires.  the laws of
> physics were with me, thank goodnes :)  Up, over, and down the other
> side.  No damage to the truck, the guy's little Escort or whatever was
> *toast*.  I handed him my insurance card and told him to give them a
> call.  Odd thing was, he never filed the claim...

That would be hard to explain to the insurance company.

I once saw the aftermath of an accident.  There was a car
sitting against the lane divider with another car upside
down sitting on top of the roof of the bottom car (roof
to roof).  The car on the bottom was an LTD, and the car
on the top was some little import.  It looked almost
like the little car was placed there to haul it around,
as there wasn't a whole lot of damage.

What I couldn't understand was how the car on top got
to be pointed forward.  If it had hit the car on the
bottom and flipped up I would have expected the car
to be pointing backwards.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net