[geeks] what is the world coming to...

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Apr 8 13:09:54 CDT 2002

> Heh, when I was in middle school I got the shit beaten out of me.  I'd
> have given anything to be overweight, especially where we lived (small
> rural community in NE PA).  It took me 2 years of weight lifting an hour
> a day, and working out as part of the track/cross country teams to get
> my weight up to 140lbs.  I'm still at around 1.5% body fat, which is
> torturous if it gets cold.  I know you already do Kurt, but count your
> blessings as a "big guy".  Life really isn't any better at the other end
> of the spectrum.

I thank genetics every day for the wonderous mix of German and Scotts
blood that created me.  I can lose fat almost at will, I can gain pounds
of muscle in a week's time, and I'm a seriously strong sonofagun.

Ego stroking aside, there are ups and downs.  I retain water like a
freaking bucket - this morning I woke up and both my arms were numb.  It
wasn't until about 1:00 this afternoon that I managed to flush enough
water out of system to reduce the swelling...

I'm also seriously hypoglycemic - almost to the point of diabetic.  It
ain't easy staying away from carbs.
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com