[geeks] Recommendations?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Apr 7 01:43:05 CST 2002

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 03:36:57AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   But no matter.  I think for myself, my computers don't crash, I
> haven't lost work in well over ten years.  Who gives a shit that I
> can't play video games...I outgrew that shit when I was 12 anyway.

Heck, even my *WINDOWS* boxes are stable.  I dont think I've rebooted this
one for 3-4 weeks, and that was due to EVEN YET MORE SECURITY UPDATES!

If people that HAVE to use Windows would use add/remove programs
properly, not install crap they dont need, uninstall crap they dont
use, etc, windows can be a GREAT web browser/SSH terminal-system.

For real work tho, I usually am SSHed into the UNIX boxen. 8-)  Only
reason I have this Windows machine is games and VPN to work.. I'm still
badgering them to make it normal IPSec-compatible so I can use the
SPARC for that.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford