[geeks] Recommendations?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Apr 7 01:36:57 CST 2002

On April 7, Bill Bradford wrote:
> >   I'm not a conspiracy weenie, and I'm not generally not a particualrly
> > paranoid person...but lately I've been suspecting the existence of
> > some form of "mind control" crap from Microsoft.  Subliminals in the
> > screen backgrounds or something, I dunno.  Nothing else seems to
> > adequately explain the fanatical devotion to a platform that [finally
> > nowadays] everyone knows and admits BLOWS DOG.
>
> Market Share.  People are afraid to go with the "Underdog".

  Yeah.

  But man, that makes SO much sense.  "These people made a lot of
money, so obviously their products are good!"  ...in keeping with this
society's population's sad tendency to avoid thinking for themselves
AT ALL COST!

  Fucking annoying.   *grumble*

  But no matter.  I think for myself, my computers don't crash, I
haven't lost work in well over ten years.  Who gives a shit that I
can't play video games...I outgrew that shit when I was 12 anyway.

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "I thought it would go quickly,
St. Petersburg, FL                 that rubberized bottom..." -Sridhar