[geeks] Spam Assasin

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Apr 7 01:17:36 CST 2002

On April 7, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> I'm doing it "wrong".  I searched for some code that acts as a delivery
> agent (since spamc assumes you're piping it inline into procmail (as far
> as I can tell)).  I found a script named "deliver-mail" which did just
> that, but was written for an older version of SpamAssassin.  So, I ported
> the code to the new version.
>
> What I'm doing wrong:
>   1) I can't reject mail.  I can only mark it, since, at this point,
>      Postfix has decided to deliver it.  The best I can do is trash it.

  Ahh, too late in the delivery game.  Dunno how to deal with that in
Postfix.

>   2) I call PERL for each message.  This is slow.  Far slower than I'd
>      expect on an R10k/195 with 192MB memory.

  It is Perl, you know. ;)

> I can post the script if you want it, but I'd prefer help in resolving #1
> and #2 first so that I don't look like an idiot.

  Yeah...I will look into it in the next couple of days.

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "I thought it would go quickly,
St. Petersburg, FL                 that rubberized bottom..." -Sridhar