[geeks] Spam Assasin

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Apr 7 01:12:00 CST 2002

On Sun, 7 Apr 2002, Dave McGuire wrote:

> On April 6, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> > I'm using it, and it works great.  I found the documentation for setting
> > it up system-wide to be a bit lacking, but, if you wrestle with it for a
> > little bit, it can be done.
>
>   Care to share the wealth? (of information, that is) I'm about to do
> this myself and it'd sure be nice to save the time of figuring it
> out. :-)

I'm doing it "wrong".  I searched for some code that acts as a delivery
agent (since spamc assumes you're piping it inline into procmail (as far
as I can tell)).  I found a script named "deliver-mail" which did just
that, but was written for an older version of SpamAssassin.  So, I ported
the code to the new version.

What I'm doing wrong:
  1) I can't reject mail.  I can only mark it, since, at this point,
     Postfix has decided to deliver it.  The best I can do is trash it.
  2) I call PERL for each message.  This is slow.  Far slower than I'd
     expect on an R10k/195 with 192MB memory.

I can post the script if you want it, but I'd prefer help in resolving #1
and #2 first so that I don't look like an idiot.

--Jonathan