[geeks] new lists? 8-)

Amy geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 13 14:19:33 CST 2001

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> to clean.  I use something called Bar Keeps Friend which helps alot.  I've also
> taken to using a razor sometimes.  Still, Vikings look like they have lots of
> nooks and crannies, which probably would be even more of a pain for me.

not so many nooks as you'd think. imo better than my current range, which
is a ge something or other. i've found that the chlorox wipes do wonders
for the baked on enamel crap, btw. steer clear of the lemon ones tho.

> While we are on the topic, what is a yuppie anyway?  All I know is that
> supposedly they drive SUVs or german cars, and buy Vikings.  The word
> materialist seems to get used a lot also.

hrm, i dunno bout the rest of the world. my guess is the definition is
very personal...i define a yuppie nowadays as anyone who buys granite
countertops for the look instead of marble ones (or any other type) for
the use.

i have an suv (well, bill drives it, i dont drive a stick). but we *use*
it to haul things (dog, groceries, computers, cabinets). i guess the suv
yuppie thing comes from people who dont use them or something. not sure
about the german cars deal as i've never owned one. the viking thing goes
back to not using it but for looks.

--a