[geeks] new lists? 8-)

Joshua D Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 13 14:02:12 CST 2001

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 01:39:47PM -0600, Amy wrote:
> um, no offense, but once you cook on one, you wont go back to a ge or the
> ilk. yes the stainless is a bitch to clean but thats why god invented sos
> pads and elbow grease. lord knows cleaning stainless is easier than shit
> thats been baked on an enamel coated rangetop.

I better avoid vikings like the plague then, since it will be some time before
I'm ready for that level of responsibility.

Man, currently I use an enamel flat top range, and that thing is a bloody pain
to clean.  I use something called Bar Keeps Friend which helps alot.  I've also
taken to using a razor sometimes.  Still, Vikings look like they have lots of
nooks and crannies, which probably would be even more of a pain for me.

<snip>

> one person made the big mistake of calling me a yuppie cook. once. i
> cooked dinner for them. they apologized profusely and asked for leftovers
> the next day.

While we are on the topic, what is a yuppie anyway?  All I know is that
supposedly they drive SUVs or german cars, and buy Vikings.  The word
materialist seems to get used a lot also.

--
Joshua D. Boyd