[geeks] McDonald's facts rather than Conservative Urban Myths

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 4 07:47:17 CST 2001

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 06:04:30AM +0000, wa2egp at att.net wrote:
> I always thought third degree burns resulted in blackening of the skin,
> total destruction of the skin, etc.  I guess I was wrong.

Nope.  I was stupid back in my youth, went to a "water park" like place.
First ones in the gate, last ones to leave.. and I didnt use sunblock.

2nd and 3rd degree sunburn over a good 70% of my body (everywhere except
my swim trunks).  I literally had to *crawl* around the house for about
a week because I couldnt walk - the skin on the back of my legs was burnt
and walking caused it to stretch, which was very painful.

No blackening, but I sure pretty much replaced most of the skin on my body
over the next couple of months.  The worst part was lying on my bed on
my stomach and having my mom and little brother peel big chunks of skin off..

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net