[geeks] McDonald's facts rather than Conservative UrbanMyths

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 4 08:26:50 CST 2001

Bill Bradford wrote:

> Nope.  I was stupid back in my youth, went to a "water park" like place.
> [...]
> 2nd and 3rd degree sunburn over a good 70% of my body (everywhere except

Yep. I did the same thing. Spent most of my youthfull summers topless,
and was tanned to a frightening extreme in Israel, but apparently a few
years without tanning changed the way my skin reacts to the sun. About 6
yrs ago I was working construction outdoors, and it was hot as hell, so
I took off my shirt. All fine 'till I got home and showered. Ooooh, the
pain was intense. Emergency room intense. 2nd degree burn, thick pasty
cream all over. No fun at all.

---sambo