[geeks] McDonald's facts rather than Conservative Urban Myths

David Cantrell geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 4 01:44:37 CST 2001

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 06:04:30AM +0000, wa2egp at att.net wrote:
> As far as the case, I'm reminded of one in PA where a woman
> was in a car accident, received a head injury and was given a CAT scan.
> She/her lawyer brought suit against the hospital for 13.5 M because
> the CAT scan destroyed her psychic ability.  She won.  The judge
> reduced it to 200K because it was excessive.  Real bright jury.  She never
> had to prove she had psychic ability before the accident.

Real bright defence lawyers too!

Ceci ne'st pas un one-liner.

 Pressure was growing last night for the global "war on terror" to be
 broadened to take in a wide range of other 'rogue emotions' including
 horror, shock and a general feeling of bewilderment about the state of
 the world.    -- The Brains Trust