[geeks] Cool Mac deals...

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 26 02:09:19 CDT 2001

On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 09:50:01PM -0700, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> Yeah, but a 660AV is a cool mac.  An O2 is nothing more than an SGI.
> (Remember, I am legendary for my hatred of SGI.  I'd rather own a
> <<shudder>> PC than anything that bunch of morons produced.  I hope that
> company dies a long, painful death, the arrogant bastards.)

You hated them due to a botched challenge install, right?  Remeber, I'm a
major graphics geek.  What I want primarily (at this time) is massive
texturing performance.  And to my understanding, the only thing that beats
the texturing of an O2 is an Onyx2.  Nothing in a PC has come close yet to
my understanding, especially if you want more than 32/64/128 or whatever
the card has for video memory.  Wanting more is a very real posibility for
me.   I'm thinking photoshop in hardware.

--
Joshua D. Boyd