[geeks] Cool Mac deals...

Peter L. Wargo geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Aug 25 23:50:01 CDT 2001

On Sun, 26 Aug 2001, joshua d boyd wrote:

> If you feel like DSP hacking, I'm under the impression that you would be
> able to get more speed out of the 660AV.  I've heard of a photoshop plugin
> that screams on the AVs.

I used to use a 660AV (accelerated to 32MHz) for photoshop, and I had said
plug-in.  Was very cool.  Still miss that box, it was fun...

> I have a chance to buy one for a decent price (a bit high, but loaded with
> usefull SCSI acessories), but when I think of it, I go back and forth
> between "must...have...now" and "but that is just $100 longer till I can
> get an O2 which will kicks it's but every which way".  Sigh.  Once I get
> settled back into college, maybe I'll be able to do both.

Yeah, but a 660AV is a cool mac.  An O2 is nothing more than an SGI.
(Remember, I am legendary for my hatred of SGI.  I'd rather own a
<<shudder>> PC than anything that bunch of morons produced.  I hope that
company dies a long, painful death, the arrogant bastards.)

(No, this has nothing to do with the fact that I work for Sun, it all took
place when I was at NCGR.)

-Pete
 "Challenge: Aptly named, as it was truly one.  And then some."