[geeks] rlogin for MacOS

Rob geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 22 10:41:20 CDT 2001

It all depends. I started out with an old 1200 baud modem. Later managed a
2400 and then a 14.4k. Most BBS's at the time were 9600+ only due to file
transfers taking so long. 1200 buad was soooooooooo slow. I pity those who
actually had to use 300.

These days most ISP's won't accept less than 14.4k which is sad since
you'll give up trying to load any modern web page with less long before
you take up too much of their precious modem pool time.

- Rob