[geeks] rlogin for MacOS

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 22 10:13:21 CDT 2001

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 09:55:11AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> I did PPP over a 300 baud modem just to prove a coworker wrong, once. 8-)
>
> "You *CANT* do PPP dialup on a 300 baud modem!"
>
> "oh yeah?  watch me..."
>
> SO I dialed up, got a PPP connection going (god, it took forever..) and
> used it to (slowly... very slowly) telnet into our shell server.

Wimp.  Real men dig out 110baud modems for solving bets.  Had one of those
once also, but I never used it.

Actually, I'm kinda suprised that you were able to make the 300baud
connection.  It wasn't that long ago that I couldn't get a 1200baud
connection to be accepted by ISPs and BBSs.

--
Joshua D. Boyd