[geeks] rlogin for MacOS

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 22 09:55:11 CDT 2001

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 10:52:51AM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:
> Yeah, but will that wittering include doing X over it?  And what do you
> mean by old guys?!?  I'm only 21 and I've spend a lot (lot lot lot) of
> time on a 1200baud modem (Am I remebering correctly that 1200 was the last
> time it was still truly buad instead of just BPS?)

I did PPP over a 300 baud modem just to prove a coworker wrong, once. 8-)

"You *CANT* do PPP dialup on a 300 baud modem!"

"oh yeah?  watch me..."

SO I dialed up, got a PPP connection going (god, it took forever..) and
used it to (slowly... very slowly) telnet into our shell server.

He bought me lunch.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford