[geeks] News server access

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 13 13:45:52 CDT 2001

joshua d boyd wrote:

> Yeah, but around here you have to pay hundreds of dollars a month for
> fixed IPs and the right to run servers (as opposed to running a server and
> hoping they don't decide to enforce their TOS).

Woah, baby. I pay $53/mo for 1.5M SDSL, do what I want server-wise.
Extra IP's are purchased in blocks at about $.25/each. I admit the price
is a special deal, but it's only a $30/month break (I'd been with them
for 6 years already when DSL came along, and had done some admin work
for them when they switched to BSD way back when, so they gave me the
high-speed for the lower-speed price).

Who's your rip-off ISP and aren't there any others to choose from?

---sambo