[geeks] News server access

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 13 13:38:10 CDT 2001

I had personal ISDN for about two years, 6 mos. after my employer stopped
paying for it, I dropped it for DSL (I signed up the *day* I got the letter
telling me it was available - I went from the mailbox to the phone and
ordered it *immediately*).

ISDN was OK, but *far* from cost-competitive w/DSL - IIRC, it was about
$50-60/month (depending on pre-paid minutes) + ISP charges. DSL was $50,
then $40 for unlimitied, 5x connection *including* ISP charges.

Ken