[geeks] News server access

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 13 14:00:53 CDT 2001

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 02:45:52PM -0400, s at avoidant.org wrote:
> Who's your rip-off ISP and aren't there any others to choose from?

Verizon, who doesn't seem to offer fixed IPs on DSL.  They do have
something called SMDS, which costs a low $525 for 1.17mbs, or $225 for
56k, with nothing in between.  I don't see anything about the number of
IPs with that.

The other company that offers DSL (but not yet to my location, but nearby
and RSN) is Jack Flash.  They don't offer fixed IPs from what I can see on
their web site, for business DSL users.

So, it seems that my only options for real internet service are a) moving,
b) dial-up, c) ISDN, d) frame-relay/fractional-T1/SMDS.  Not very good
selection, huh.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
http://www.cs.millersville.edu/~jdboyd/