[geeks] News server access

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 13 13:03:52 CDT 2001

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 01:52:32PM -0400, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> maybe that's why they went out of business, but i find that hard to believe.
> they existed pre-DSL/cable selling dialup, T1's, T3's and Frame-Relay of every
> shape and size.  they are a total kick ass business.  i can't understand why
> they didn't make it.

Maybe they tried to make some fundamental changes at the same time.  A lot
of DSL companies invested in more than just DSL.  They also tried to offer
voice and other services at the same time, and built the framework to
support those other services, but the business demand wasn't there in
time.  Trying to remeber where I heard that.

PS, does anyone on the east coast (verizon area) have ISDN?  Care to
comment on it?  I'm having trouble getting straight pricing info (want a
service that actually allows me to run a server, and has multiple IPs).

--
Joshua D. Boyd
http://www.cs.millersville.edu/~jdboyd/