[geeks] Three heads

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 8 14:21:07 CDT 2001

>Of course, in recent years, in many areas the US seems to be heading more
>towards European ways of doing things.  I'd say hopefully Bush will
>reverse some of that, but I don't remeber whether this is rescue or geeks
>that I'm replying to, so I think I will refrain.

If that were true! I'd dearly love to find a job that would allow me
to move to Scandinavia or Iceland, but I lack the language skills and
my expertise level is more in line with "mid range systems and network
engineer" than "computer god".

Unfortunately, not to open the can of worms, our direction in the US
doesn't seem to be even half as benevolent as the small Scandinavian
social democracies.

And I don't think it will get better anytime soon. That's the bad part.

-Christof
(not trolling, genuinely upset with the country he went and got
disabled for)