[geeks] Re: Stuff I found/got at auction. What now?

Simeon Johnston geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 3 12:48:54 CDT 2001

> >       Spaceballs - ADB plugs works w/ *nix.  6 degree's of freedom.  These
> > are the old ones/don't work w/ anything but *nix.
>
> I've got a spaceball with a din serial cable, no power supply.  Got a
> PS?

No power supplies for any of them unfortunately.

> Uhm, won't work with anything but unix?  Do you have a model number?  It
> seems strange to me that they would make spaceballs only for aux since
> that was the only unix available for the 68k macs originally.  And last I
> looked there wasn't any linux support for the things.

Works with SGI - IRIX, AIX, HP/UX (I think) and others.
There the 2003 model.  Wasn't built for Macs/Mac hardware (Motorola) as
far as I know.

I've decided to put these (Spaceballs) up on Ebay.
The same w/ the Xterminals.  If they don't go there I'll be back.

> >       IIfx - Dual foppy, dual video, 32 MB ram (I was reall surprised by this)
>
> netbsd box, aux box, symbolics box.  Lots of possibilities due to the
> number of Nubus slots, but unless you know what you want from it, I
> wouldn't bother.

I always have time for old hardware.  :)
The IIfx is THE original workhorse.  You can't just through it away...

sim