[geeks] Re: Stuff I found/got at auction. What now?

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 3 12:59:11 CDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 12:48:54PM -0500, Simeon Johnston wrote:
> > >       Spaceballs - ADB plugs works w/ *nix.  6 degree's of freedom.  These
> > > are the old ones/don't work w/ anything but *nix.
> > Uhm, won't work with anything but unix?  Do you have a model number?  It
> > seems strange to me that they would make spaceballs only for aux since
> > that was the only unix available for the 68k macs originally.  And last I
> > looked there wasn't any linux support for the things.
>
> Works with SGI - IRIX, AIX, HP/UX (I think) and others.
> There the 2003 model.  Wasn't built for Macs/Mac hardware (Motorola) as
> far as I know.

Still not quite following this here.  You say they have ADB but are meant
for IRIX, AIX, and HP-UX?  I though that only Macs (and some NeXT
machines) had ADB, so what is going on here?

> I've decided to put these (Spaceballs) up on Ebay.

If they really are just the plain serial ones I might have taken
one.  Could you post the auction IDs?

--
Joshua D. Boyd