[SunHELP] Sun AXi Motherboard help

Peter Stokes peter at ashlyn.co.uk
Wed Feb 1 16:54:51 CST 2017

Hi Mark

It may not be sick.

Can I suggest if you want a U10 I would be interested in the board and if it
does work then maybe exchange for a U10/pay you some money for it as I have
customers who use that board.

Any chance you could ship me the board and I would pay the postage so I can
see if it works?

Peter

> On 1 Feb 2017, at 19:18, Mark Benson <md.benson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> *Another* fun piece of Sun junk I dug up from my collection, I have an AXi
motherboard and 333MHz CPU as well as a UPA Creator 3D anda PCI TechSource
Raptor 8MB gfx card. *But* It refusaes to POST.

> Here's the obligatory picture (taken from a VT Terminal hung on the RS232 as
the thing won't output video):

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/5xbk6stb1u5jxzd/2017-02-01%2018.40.04.jpg?dl=0
>
> My thoughts are *either* the CPU module isn't seated correctly OR  the
board's sick. Any ideas?

> If the consensus is the board's sick I'll probably rob the CPU and NVRAM off
it and recycle it and buy a U10 instead. I think they are my favourite
UltraSPARC desktop.