[SunHELP] Sun AXi Motherboard help

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 13:18:44 CST 2017

Hi,

*Another* fun piece of Sun junk I dug up from my collection, I have an
AXi motherboard and 333MHz CPU as well as a UPA Creator 3D anda PCI
TechSource Raptor 8MB gfx card. *But* It refusaes to POST.

Here's the obligatory picture (taken from a VT Terminal hung on the
RS232 as the thing won't output video):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5xbk6stb1u5jxzd/2017-02-01%2018.40.04.jpg?dl=0

My thoughts are *either* the CPU module isn't seated correctly OR  the
board's sick. Any ideas?

If the consensus is the board's sick I'll probably rob the CPU and NVRAM
off it and recycle it and buy a U10 instead. I think they are my
favourite UltraSPARC desktop.

--

Mark Benson
twitter.com/MDBenson