[SunHELP] Lost grub menu background

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Mon May 27 12:02:51 CDT 2013

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 09:53:12AM -0700, Brian Richman wrote:
> Ahhh ... U8 is the version that dear old My-SPIT(Oracle)-Support warns is very
> buggy and has lots of LU patches for.

That's what I figured. The guys at Oracle want to get you off Sun releases ;-)

> And then there is this also in MoS:
> Bug 15399889 : SUNBT6562354 GRUB GREEN BACKGROUND DISAPEAR AFTER LIVE UPGRADE
> I don't know if this one applies to your situation, but it says in the text
> that it is from S10U4 and the status is: "84 - Closed, not feasible to fix".
> So if it is your problem, you may be out of luck....

Thanks, I have no way to check but it sounds like it could be it. There's
nothing obviously wrong and I'm running U8 but nobody runs old stuff 'cept
us hobbyist guys with Sun entitlements and no service contracts. I would
like to know what the actual problem is if there is a diagnosis posted
anywhere public. It seems like I was able to play around with backgrounds
for LILO and grub with Linux and never had a problem. This is really weird.