[SunHELP] Lost grub menu background

Brian Richman bjrichus at yahoo.com
Mon May 27 11:53:12 CDT 2013

Ahhh ... U8 is the version that dear old My-SPIT(Oracle)-Support warns is very
buggy and has lots of LU patches for.

And then there is this also in MoS:
Bug 15399889 : SUNBT6562354 GRUB GREEN BACKGROUND DISAPEAR AFTER LIVE UPGRADE
I don't know if this one applies to your situation, but it says in the text
that it is from S10U4 and the status is: "84 - Closed, not feasible to fix".
So if it is your problem, you may be out of luck....
<microcode at zoho.com>
Monday, May 27, 2013 9:28 AM
>Subject: Re: [SunHELP] Lost grub menu background
>

>On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 07:13:32AM -0700, Brian Richman wrote:
>> What
version of everything are/were you using?

>Update 8 (last Sun version). I
believe grub is 0.97. Used to have the nice
>blue/green background and now
it's flat black as if the splashimage line
>isn't recognized at all. But I
don't know how to troubleshoot it. I unzipped
>the xpm and it displays fine in
an image viewer.

>> There used to be lots of
>> warnings about needing to
apply all sorts of patches and stuff to the PBE
>> on Solaris 10 before you
did ANYTHING with LU programs in particular if
>> you were using versions of
Solaris from about 4 years or more ago...

>Hah! Yeah now I call it lu
deathgrade...nearly lost my system playing around
>with this stuff.

Also, check the
>> spelling of everything VERY CAREFULLY. Just saying as I
have been a victim
>> of a typo I made myself and it did some really odd
things to me as well.

>I didn't make any changes, lu deathgrade did all
that. But I did cut and
>paste stuff from the config into my shell to check
the paths and filenames

SunHELP at sunhelp.org