[SunHELP] Lost grub menu background

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Mon May 27 09:28:55 CDT 2013

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 07:13:32AM -0700, Brian Richman wrote:
> What version of everything are/were you using?

Update 8 (last Sun version). I believe grub is 0.97. Used to have the nice
blue/green background and now it's flat black as if the splashimage line
isn't recognized at all. But I don't know how to troubleshoot it. I unzipped
the xpm and it displays fine in an image viewer.

> There used to be lots of
> warnings about needing to apply all sorts of patches and stuff to the PBE
> on Solaris 10 before you did ANYTHING with LU programs in particular if
> you were using versions of Solaris from about 4 years or more ago...

Hah! Yeah now I call it lu deathgrade...nearly lost my system playing around
with this stuff.

> Also, check the
> spelling of everything VERY CAREFULLY. Just saying as I have been a victim
> of a typo I made myself and it did some really odd things to me as well.

I didn't make any changes, lu deathgrade did all that. But I did cut and
paste stuff from the config into my shell to check the paths and filenames
and everything looks ok.

Thanks.