[SunHELP] Remote printers

Werth, Dave dave.werth at garmin.com
Thu Jun 7 11:58:51 CDT 2007

We need to set up some printers on a remote network and I'm having a bit
of trouble figuring out how to make it work.  I hope someone can give me
some advice.

We have a Solaris 7 system with our ERP software.  Most of the printers
are HP LJ's that I set up using JetDirect Printer Installer for UNIX
Version E.10.34.  Now I need to set up some more HP printers that are
not in the local domain.  Example we're 10.96.xx.xx and the domain I
need to use is 10.236.xx.xx all within the corporate firewall.  I can
ping the remote printers in question and when I set them up with
Admintool the printers will print the contents of the first packet they
receive but there's no spooling.  When I try to set them up with the
JetDirect software I get the message:

     !! 10.236.32.2 is NOT an acceptable name!!
     Either it is NOT a network printer or this host is denied access to
it!

Can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks, Dave

David Werth
Garmin AT, Inc
Salem, Oregon
dave.werth<at>garmin.com

use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error,
Thank you for your cooperation