[SunHELP] D-Link DFE-530TX+ (Realtek8139) does not work

René Berber r.berber at computer.org
Mon Feb 6 13:30:43 CST 2006

mfcardenas wrote:

> I looked for my network card in the HCL and it appears to be well supported, but does not work...
>

> The HDL record for this model is
> -------------------------------
> Type: Networking
> Manufacturer: D-Link
> Model: DFE-530TX+
> Tier Level: Reported to Work
> Runs on Solaris Versions: Solaris 10 03/05 to Solaris 10 01/06 (mine is 10 1/06)
> Technology Type: Networking: 10/100 Ethernet
> Card Type: PCI
> Chipset: RealTek 8139
> Driver Name: rtls
> Driver Version: v2.1.2
> General Notes: use this command to update the driver_aliases.
> /usr/sbin/update_drv -a -i '"pci1186,1301"' rtls
> Last Updated: 2005-05-10
> --------------------------------
>
> I did already
> /usr/sbin/update_drv -a -i '"pci1186,1301"' rtls
> but still does not work... it must be mentioned that this card is working with my linux and windows in the same computer, so the problem is not the card...

Do you have the driver installed?  (i.e. "pkginfo | grep -i rtls" returns the
name of the package, you can see more detail with "pkginfo -l SUNWrtls".)

If the driver is installed then all you need is to create /etc/hostname.rtls0,
inside in one line should be the host name or IP address (host name if
/etc/hosts has the IP), also check /etc/netmasks (read the comments to configure
.)  Then reboot.

If after rebooting the driver still doesn't work, and there are no interesting
messages at /var/adm/messages then maybe an older driver could be tested.  At
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloads1-3.aspx?lineid=1&famid=3&series=16&Software=True
there are two drivers for Solaris, none is version 2.1.2, they are older.

HTH
--
Rene Berber