[SunHELP] D-Link DFE-530TX+ (Realtek8139) does not work

René Berber r.berber at computer.org
Sun Feb 5 13:06:32 CST 2006

mfcardenas wrote:

> I looked for my network card in the HCL and it appears to be well supported,
but does not work...

> The HDL record for this model is
> -------------------------------
> Type: Networking
> Manufacturer: D-Link
> Model: DFE-530TX+
> Tier Level: Reported to Work
> Runs on Solaris Versions: Solaris 10 03/05 to Solaris 10 01/06 (mine is 10
1/06)
> Technology Type: Networking: 10/100 Ethernet
> Card Type: PCI
> Chipset: RealTek 8139
> Driver Name: rtls
> Driver Version: v2.1.2
> General Notes: use this command to update the driver_aliases.
> /usr/sbin/update_drv -a -i '"pci1186,1301"' rtls
> Last Updated: 2005-05-10
> --------------------------------
>
> I did already
> /usr/sbin/update_drv -a -i '"pci1186,1301"' rtls
> but still does not work... it must be mentioned that this card is working
with my linux and windows in the same computer, so the problem is not the
card...

> Any idea of what is going on? I can't even ping myself IP, it says
unreachable host...

You need to look the specific messages to see if the card and driver are
operating, look into /var/log/messages, at the last boot messages.

If the card is operating under Solaris then you probably did not configure it
when you installed the operating system.  See if /etc/hostname.* exist, the
last
part of the file name should be rtls0 (or something similar) if the driver
was
configured.

Report back with detail if you find something with the above checks.
--
Reni Berber