[SunHELP] chown problems

Ajit Datey ajit at datey.org
Thu Jun 23 14:21:41 CDT 2005

Hi! Now this is default behavior in Solaris. It is not good practice to
allow users to change ownership of files. If you really want to allow users
to be able to change ownership of files  then add the following entry in
/etc/system and reboot.

set rstchown = 0

This will allow users to change ownership of files which they currently own.

Ajit