[SunHELP] SMC on Solaris 10: is it broken?

Matt Gabriel matt.gabriel at myrealbox.com
Thu Feb 19 17:35:44 CST 2004

	OK, so I crawl out of the dark age, and upgrade to 2.10 from 2.7. I'm
happy as can be that Admintool has been deprecated and all, but what's
up with smc? It whines at me "server not running" when it launches, and
under the Local Toolbox tab, it whines that it's looking for a toolbox
file. Sun's smc faq was less than helpful.

	Can anyone point me to a good reference on how to get this beast
running, or should I just write it off as "Admintool, only Less
Helpful" and devolve back to the command line like the SunOS 4 /
OpenBSD curmudgeon I am?

TIA!

(Also, if anyone has some 2.10 tips and tricks they'd like to share,
I'd be grateful.)

~ Matt Gabriel

(Deletes long whine about fingerd and uucp and the rest being turned on
by default here in the 21st century, and a longer rant about how
someone should have put a bullet in CDE's head back when Clinton was in
office.)