[SunHELP] local copying with regard to symlinks and speed

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Sat Oct 25 20:05:19 CDT 2003

"From: "Markham, Richard" <RLMarkham at hafeleamericas.com>
"
"cd sourcedir; find . ! -local -prune -o -depth -print | cpio -pdlmV
"targetdir
"
"I noticed the man page states the -prune has no effect if -depth is used,
"but
"from what I can see from the find output, It is NOT following my
"nfs mounts, ~which is what I want~!  The -l cpio switch appears to recreate
"the links which is good.

that's not what the manpg says.  cpio -l tries to link the copies with
the originals if possible, to save space.