[SunHELP] Problem with labeling tape.

mqing at csee.wvu.edu mqing at csee.wvu.edu
Thu Oct 9 14:07:27 CDT 2003

I have a backup server running Solstice 5.1 and Solaris 2.6. I am
encounering the problem with labeling the tape recently. There is no
problem to do the invetory at all. But whenever I am trying to do
labeling, it gives me the error message "label file: Bad file number!".
After each error message, the server will automatically do a index check
for one of the clients. Last week, I even can label few tapes. This week
no tapes can be labeled at all. I am out of the avaliable tapes now.
Does anyone know why this happen and how to solve it?

Thanks

Mei