[SunHELP] C compiler cannot create executables

Chris Pinnock cjep at fawlty.net
Sat May 24 05:44:11 CDT 2003

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 10:17:15PM -0700, tom walling wrote:
> Any hints as to what might be wrong in my setup? My
> UNIX skills leave much to be desired so please give me
> simple explanations.
> thanks

Make sure that your GCC C compiler is in your path before /usr/ucb.
(There is a script called /usr/ucb/cc that is not a C compiler).

e.g. If your C compiler is in /opt/sfw/bin, do (assuming you are using
sh, ksh or bash)

	PATH=/opt/sfw/bin:$PATH
	export PATH

In /opt/sfw/bin, if there is not a file called cc, it can be useful to
make one. e.g. "cd /opt/sfw/bin && ln -s gcc cc"

best wishes,
Chris