[SunHELP] newbie unclear on post installation steps of solaris 8 on ultra sparc...

Marvin Cummings marvc at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 14 13:57:08 CST 2003

Whenever I modify the /etc/hosts file to show a FQDN for my sun box,
mysunsrvr.mydomain.com, I'm no longer able to ping any internal or
external resources. This is after I modify the file and reboot the
system. However if leave my system name as it is, mysunsrvr, and reboot
then all is fine. I'm able to ping internal and external resources. I'm
still unable to access any external sites via the Netscape browser.