[SunHELP] Some question about SUN SAN solution !!

L leed at chele.cais.net
Fri Mar 14 14:05:22 CST 2003

We plan to implement SAN solution on our SUN server (ORACLE database).  I
am doing the study on it and need your help.  Based on my study we need:

SUN Storage 3510 or T3 Array
X6767A Single Fibre Channel 2 Gb PCI Network Adapter (on server side)
SG-XSW8-2G Sun StorEdge Network 2-Gb Fibre-Channel Switch w/ 8 Ports

My questions are:

1. do I need any software on SUN or PC to do the SAN configuration?  Which
software do I need?

2. Between FC Switch and 3510 or T3 Do I need any hardware?

3. If I have several SUN servers access SAN, how SAN handle security on
data?

Thanks.