[SunHELP] SunPCiII card and Sun Blade 1000

Paolo Di Francesco paipai at tin.it
Mon Feb 24 17:00:21 CST 2003

hello,

I have a new "toy", for my sun Blade1000: it's a SunPCiII (600Mhz) card.
Ok maybe not the fastest on the market, but it's ok, I had a SunPCi (400Mhz)
and it's nice to have "windows in the cage" (as I call it)

Unfortunately something wrong is happening with it. I put the card inside,
and I closed again my beloved sun Blade1000 but when I do "boot -r" I don't
see any /dev/sunpci2drv*

When I installed the latest driver version from Sun, I got a bunch or errors
like:

(Installing)
## Executing postinstall script.
Warning: /etc/devlink.tab not updated correctly
         Perhaps the system OBP needs to be updated

Installation of <SUNWspci2> was successful.

(anyone in the house?)
bash-2.05# /opt/SUNWspci2/bin/sunpci -l
/dev/sunpci2drv*: No such file or directory
The SunPCi device driver is not installed.

To run the startup program:

     1. Type: su, then enter your superuser password.
     2. Type: cd /opt/SUNWspci2/drivers/solaris
     3. Type: ./sunpcload

----------------

(hum... so noone in the house??? :( )
bash-2.05# /opt/SUNWspci2/drivers/solaris/sunpcload
devfsadm: driver failed to attach: sunpci2drv
Warning: Driver (sunpci2drv) successfully added to system but failed to
attach

So I am starting thinking I got a burned SunPCi card :(
Any chance to see if it's working or if I am using the wrong software?
Any OBP way to check if the card is electrically working? Any solaris9
incompatibility?
any particular pci slot? (I also tried the "secretary way", i.e. change
the slot...)

System info: I am running latest solaris9 and I tried the latest 2 versions
of the sunPci drivers.

Please help!!! :)

As always I ought you a beer, guys ;)